Sunday, August 23, 2009

Beetle and Flowers and Our Not So Lovely View

This is a beetle that TMK found in his Grandpa's pond. We all thought it was dead because it did not move from his lap all the way home from Grandpa's house. I put it in a metal measuring cup on top of a shelf and forgot all about it until 2 or 3 days latter when I took it down and found that it was alive and KICKING! TMK decided to set it free. He is a such a good boy.


I didn't get a chance to take pictures of all our flowers that I wanted to but at least I got these. The middle picture is what Grape Hyacinth look like when they good to seed. I think the seeds look pretty in their soft deep black color. The little purple flower I don't know what it is but it is very invasive and is taking over my flower bed. I will pull most of it out this fall. The last picture is is of the single bloom I got from a free bunch of day lilies that I got from "freecycle" . I didn't think any would bloom this year so it was a extra bonus!



Ah yes, more construction, the joy. Where we use to look out at houses and trees , then a dirt lot, we know look out on a car dealership. Oh yippee. Oh well at least it isn't a fast food place that would be pretty bad. We wouldn't be able to keep our windows open because the smoke would come in and make our whole house smell like greasy mystery meat and fries. A car dealership is better don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not a fan of beetles. * shudder * I'm glad the closest I got to that one is your amazingly detailed pictures.

Aw, sorry to hear that beyond your pretty flowers you have a car dealership instead of trees. At least the flowers and TMK steel the show.