This all happened a couple of days ago but that doesn't matter too much. It was a day of yard work. We took all our fallen branches in the front yard to Green Waste and made a fire with all the rest of the sticks in the back yard. When you have a fire you might as well have hot dogs and smoores right!? Right! We did and it was delicious.
Well after the fire had extinguished and cooled completely (don't worry Grandma) the kids found that they could draw with charcoal and that took up the rest of the day.
Kids don't need toys. All they need is a stick and some dirt, and if that gets boring they just need a burnt stick and they will happy all day. Yup a burnt piece of wood will make a child's day!
Here they are dashing for more charcol bits. . . .
I swear if you filled their stocking with coal they would probably love it.
"If your not good this year you'll get coal in your stocking" threatened the frustrated mother. "Really!" replied the children with glee and a mischievous grin .
The good news is we have your garden space ready but now we just need plants to plant in it.
Here's TMK watering the seedlings in the front flower bed. He planted them and is thrilled (as well as am I) that they are growing. I like the rainbow action. His favorite nozel setting is mist. After a long day of yard work He wanted me to mist him so I did.

Turns out misted hair looks pretty dang cool! Like dew drops but on hair! "I just love to find new places to wear diamonds!" Quoted from the Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.
Princess Saru worked hard too but she was raking where she wasn't supposed to and is posing in her "I got caught red handed but I'm still really cute" look.
Some people hate these flowers. I love them. They need hardly any water and they come back every year. It makes my flower bed look like I have a green thumb. . . .well at least a purple one. And there are so many of them that my kids can pick them all they want and then they can pick off all the little buds because that is fun, I know cause I like to do that too.Here's to low maintenance plants!

4 comments:
That was a great sequence of photos. Though I argue that sticks and dirt are toys! just not manufactured toys (until you burn them)
And Grape Hyacinths are so cute. I thought I had some and was excited and then I found out they were star flowers, which are cute too, but no grape hyacinth!!
I'll give you some! I have tons! and mint and chamomile if you want.
Cool pictures. It is true that kids don't need toys from a store, just time to explore the world around them. I loved the grape hyacinths in my yard in Provo. I wouldn't mow that area until they were gone. The pond at school is great.
"I swear if you filled their stocking with coal they would probably love it." Bwahahaha! That line made me grin. ;->
The dewed hair looks like it could be wheat. What pretty color combinations.
Post a Comment