Thursday, May 21, 2009

Flowers and Kids

This entry is for Grandma and Grandpa Conley who happened to be out of town the same week that their flowers were at peek bloom. I hope I did a good job capturing them for you.

I tried to put the kids in as much as possible for Grandma who feels that a picture just isn't a picture without someone in it.

For Grandpa I tried to take good close-ups and waited for cloud cover for different lighting effect. Does that count as a lesson Dad?


I like this full shot as it shows all the different varieties of flowers.

Go a head and click on the pictures I tried to make the pictures so that they would look good big too.

Under your Aspen trees is such nice filtered lighting I could help but try to get my kids to hold still while I tried to get some portrait shots. . . . .I'm learning. . . .

This was Princess Saru's version of "hold still"



TMK had a great time investigating some old irises. You have to admit they have a lot of interesting layers.


Look how black that looks! So cool!





The picture above is a really good one to click on. It gets really big (well it is suppose to).


TMK said this was one of his favorite parts of the yard. He just discovered the new growths on the pine tree.


I really really want a skirt like this!

Well Mom and Dad I hope that gave you a good look at your yard. And just to let you know the Delphiniums were not in bloom yet but they might be tomorrow. I will check.

Love you all!

4 comments:

Meadow said...

Looks like someone else was up late playing (working?) on the interweb.

Love the pictures of the flowers, you do a great job capturing them, as well as the kids. It seems like the flowers are a little better at holding still.

The yard makes me want to do something with my yard.

Jenni said...

I love your pictures, especially the photo that Saru is standing the in irises staring off into the distance.

macarace said...

Thanks for the update. We are about a month behind Utah with flowers so it is nice to know flowers are coming. Great pictures of flowers and kids. Kids are so cute, the flowers beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW, the garden is looking lovely!

Princess Saru showcases it beautifully. ;->

And even TMK appreciates the blossoms and new pine needles? What a great teacher!

And yes, "Pink Iris 3" does look gorgeous full-sized. Did you end up putting that one as the background for your computer desktop?

Make sure to do a special post when you find/make a skirt like the frilly flower...