Thursday, May 07, 2009

Bird Nests and Quince


Grandma brought over two bird nests that fell out of their pine trees. Princess Saru destroyed hers right away but TMK was more careful.

Another day of walking TMK to school revealed more little wonders along the way. We had these flowers in my yard when I was a small child. I had all but forgotten them until I saw them today. My mind was flooded with memories. We called them edelweiss even though the are not but close enough. They are the sweetest little flowers!

We also found this maple blossom floating in the air. I thought it picture worthy.

When we got to shcool my kids took off across the yard. The word "scamper" comes to mind.

Wow this picture really looks like Princess Saru has it out for TMK . . . . Run TMK Run!
We found some rather large dandelions and I thought it would look good on a Princess. I like the back lighting and the little impish grin.

Princess Saru found a weed junge on the way home and she went exploring while I shot pictures.

Her shirt is the same color as that quince blossom. I love that color! I have an eye mask that color which is really lovely.

3 comments:

Jenni said...

Those little white flowers are the Star of Bethlehem flowers that have taken over my flower beds! But they are very cute, and I love that they open every morning and close every night.

BonnieandSteve said...

If you need to get rid of some I would be so happy to take some off your hands!!!!

Anonymous said...

What pretty wonders of spring you discovered. It's so great your family can find wonder everywhere you go.

And it seems like there was a special heavenly "Hello" in rediscovering those sweet white flowers.