Today was fun! TMK was invited to visit King Ray and Queen Anne for the day so it was just me and the Princess hanging out.
I love spring everywhere you look there is something beautiful and new to see and enjoy. We walked to the post office and had little adventures along the way. We found many a darling shops and gardens that I really must blog about another time.
At our Post office the Lawn decor is Princess Saru's happiest attraction. She is telling kind and reaffirming words the the mother deer.
When we got back from your little jaunt to the Post Office and the Dance store and the Bakery and the Natural Food store Princess Saru decided that we really needed to go visit the pond and throw rocks. Okay it's not really a pond but a very muddy puddle in the picturesque dirt car lot smack dab in front of our house (oh the joys of urban decay) but hey when life gives you an unattractive puddle in front of your house you make the most of it!
This THING has been parked in front of your house for over a month now. I love it. I dig the way it has weathered and rusted. It has so many textures I couldn't help but take some pictures. All though it's not posh to have construction equipment lingering in front of your house you may as well enjoy what you can right?!
The texture reminds me of corral or barnacles on a boat or the weirds stuff that gets left behind on the cliffs as the high water mark at Lake Powell.
These scratch marks reminded me of graffiti on a building, it's kinda cool.
Check out the peeling paint and the hole.
I think this is my favorite photo of the THING.
I love spring everywhere you look there is something beautiful and new to see and enjoy. We walked to the post office and had little adventures along the way. We found many a darling shops and gardens that I really must blog about another time.
At our Post office the Lawn decor is Princess Saru's happiest attraction. She is telling kind and reaffirming words the the mother deer.
When we got back from your little jaunt to the Post Office and the Dance store and the Bakery and the Natural Food store Princess Saru decided that we really needed to go visit the pond and throw rocks. Okay it's not really a pond but a very muddy puddle in the picturesque dirt car lot smack dab in front of our house (oh the joys of urban decay) but hey when life gives you an unattractive puddle in front of your house you make the most of it!
This THING has been parked in front of your house for over a month now. I love it. I dig the way it has weathered and rusted. It has so many textures I couldn't help but take some pictures. All though it's not posh to have construction equipment lingering in front of your house you may as well enjoy what you can right?!
The texture reminds me of corral or barnacles on a boat or the weirds stuff that gets left behind on the cliffs as the high water mark at Lake Powell.
These scratch marks reminded me of graffiti on a building, it's kinda cool.
Check out the peeling paint and the hole.
I think this is my favorite photo of the THING.

6 comments:
LOL Bon-
I love your optimism you are such an inspiration to me. I would be so ticked by the equipment but you find great ways of looking at things. Sounds like a good day, thanks for sharing.
Holly
Thanks Holly! Even dodgy neighborhoods have their charm.
Have you taught Saru to skip stones? That was a point of thrill growing up when able to get little rocks to dance along the water.
While it is pretty impressive to look at, I hope you didn't touch "the thing". Like a dangerous animal at the zoo, it looks like it has bite. ;->
I, too, am a connoisseur of the natural patinas on rusty old equipment and layers of old paint on wood or the sides of old brick buildings, etc. I would love to be able to replicate them on ceramic surfaces. Thanks for sharing the great photos.
I believe your "thing" is a compactor head in a bucket head for a backhoe.
But they are great pictures. I especially like the girl on the deer. She is so cute!
You could come to my house and see REAL deer!! and equipment being used. They are putting in new water lines by the school and as I was out with a PE class they hit a current water line. They made a new lake for us!! Great pictures. One of the pictures looks like there is a face with mouth.
Post a Comment