Thursday, April 16, 2009

5:00 AM

5:00 Am is generally just about the most peaceful and lovely time of the morning. . . .
Not today! When my sweet husband left for work this morning we saw out our window that A LOT of snow had fallen but when we went outside we found that the snow had taken out several branches from our tree and that several more were broken but still hanging by just a little bit.


I'm sorry that these picture are dark but it was at 5 in the morning and I didn't have enough battery to do the flash

As you can see a really large branch fell on our neighbors truck. I tried to just move it off but it required a lot of sawing as it had a lot of entwined branches. It was hard work and even now my arms are shaky. I sure hope that his truck was not damaged and that the fence helped lessen the impact.


While I was out I saw two more branches fall and I decided that we will not be going into the front yard until the snow has melted of the trees. I also wonder how much it would cost for someone to come and trim our trees.

All in all it was still a beautiful and quiet time in the morning. Everything was soft and pale and light shades of purple and blue with the occasional street light warming little spheres along the street.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sadly that's one of the few down sides of snow. If it falls to early in the fall or too late in the spring, then the leaves/blossoms hold the snow and the weight becomes too much for the branches to bear. Thankfully most of the time it is safe enough if the snow can be knocked loose from the branches during the snowfall.

Thank you for sharing pictures of the April winter wonderland.