Sunday, September 05, 2010

The Big Day in the Mountains


This was one big day in the mountains. We started up Provo Canyon and hiked in South Fork's Big Springs and then meandered at Sundance and got a bite to eat and enjoyed the drying up over the top and down the American Fork Canyon. It took all day and the kids had a great time.



See... Goofy pictures=Good time! (Definitely click on the picture above, it's worth it!)


Saru found a wild poppy all by herself and she didn't even pick it. I'm so proud!


You can't see but she is attempting to touch an unsuspecting butterfly. She did succeed and exclaimed "Oh wow it's just what I've always wanted to do"!


A nice Shot of TMK I say. I told him that I need some good pictures of him to make posters and such. I have a lot of Saru but TMK is just so busy he rarely stays still but after seeing the cool things I could do with Saru's pics he was a tiny bit more cooperative.


My family are all big fans of orb weaver spiders and we love showing each other the webs when we find them. Orb weavers are a special spider. The make gorgeous round spiral webs and keep them tidy. They also eat black widows and hornets. They are not a aggressive to people and sometimes their bulbous behinds look like a cats head with ears and all. TMK is showing Saru two tiny orb weaver webs with the teeny tiny spider in the middle.


Earlier this day TMK and Saru were playing Vetrananians and wanted to look like they were in uniform. Because I wouldn't stop everything and make them doctor coats and white pants they improvised with white shirts and jeans. How convenient for a mom who wanted to get some cute pictures of her kids!!!



Ah!

Oh!

That's so cute!


I couldn't resist taking a picture of a whole wall full of sharpish farming tools all pointing towards the door. Maybe I should do something like that at my house.


Just so you know this is on the American Fork side of the loop.


I love that sweet little neck!


He is growing up way to fast for me. He is one handsome kid!



I love my kids and love hanging out with them. They were so much fun to take on this adventure. I don't know what we will do next but I think it will involve camping out one or two nights to see the stars and especially the Milky Way.

2 comments:

macarace said...

This is one big update. It is great. The flower arrangement is really cute, the kids, of course, are darling. Like the cementary and baseball pictures. I was glad to see the sidewalk art. I wondered how it turned out. TMK is really artistic, now if he could branch out a little. haha, he is a boy, they do like dinosaurs and plane...

Anonymous said...

Your family is amazing in its energy level and smile size! Thanks for sharing the stories. It is always a fun romp to read.