
So TMK came home from school one day saying that he had a wiggly tooth and sure enough he did! We didn't know how long it would be a "loose tooth" and told him that it might take a while. Well he wiggled it and wiggled it all evening and all night and even all through school the next day were it inevitability came out.

His teacher saved it for him. He was so jazzed about a visit from the Tooth Fairy. I asked him what he thought the Tooth Fairy would bring him. He had no idea but was excited to find out. All he knew was that you were suppose to put the tooth under your pillow and sleep on it and hopefully the Tooth Fairy would come and leave a gift in exchange for his tooth.

Well I sneaked into his room that night with a crisp dollar bill but as I put it under his pillow I found NO TOOTH. I searched as much as I dared to with out waking him up. I could not find it.
So the next morning TMK was so excited that he had one whole dollar from the Tooth Fairy. I asked him if she had taken his tooth and he declared with an excited lisp that he just can't seem to shake yet "YESTH mom, she really did!" I said that maybe she might have left it behind knowing he would want to investigate it more. At this he was very excited and said "Wow maybe the Tooth Fairy can read minds too!" as he busily searched his bed.
I fully expected him to find his tooth because I could not find it the night before but he didn't! We looked everywhere and still no tooth. Makes you wonder doesn't it. . . .
Princess Saru didn't want to be left out of the tooth pictures so here is her special Cameo appearance.
We had a very strange and beautiful sky that day. The clouds glowed golden overhead while they were storm gray in the distance.
Maybe a storm was brewing because this dragonfly zoomed around our yard and settled down in our apple tree. I had so hoped that it would stay still so I could take a bazillion pictures of it and when it did I was so happy!!! But my little camera had a hard time focusing on it with all the other branches and in the evening's fading light. I'm happy with what I got.
When I say the dragonfly settled down he really did. TMK even climbed a ladder and touched it's tail more than once and the dragonfly just curled it's blue segmented body like it was annoyed but was hardly ready to move. Well that's it for now.

1 comment:
Hehehe, the impatience of youth. Then again, I too remember working extra hard to get a loose tooth out, too excited about the Tooth Fairy coming to visit. ;->
What an amazing picture of the golden sky. A camera lens always seems too small to capture such splendor. Then you manage to get a dragonfly to pose for you. Surely you are magic!
Post a Comment