There is a great park sort of by my humble abode in which the ground keepers of this particular park were kind enough to put ALL the leaves from the numerous trees in a huge pile where a little (and long gone) pond use to be.WeeeeeEEEEEeeeeEEEEEeeee.................................

And here is the hansom hunk of muscle behind the scenes making all the fun possible!
We came to this park on another day when we were driving TMK to school very late as he did not feel well that morning but seemed to perk up around the noon. I kept Princess Saru in her pajamas as I thought we would simply drop him off but when we got there his class was not there because they had gone on a small short field trip. We hung out at the park for awhile till they got back. And THAT is why Princess Saru is in her Pajamas at the park.
I love that TMK is looking really smug about climbing this tree! He also has a Luke Skywalker hairdo started (don't worry I did cut it later that week). I think my favorite part is his hand on his hip.
Best part about this park is the creepy old house with the fantastic overrun wild yard. Oh is just gives me the happy heebee jebees just looking at it. I say happy because it is so deliciously dilapidated that one can't help but think "haunted" and "romance" and "danger" and well you get the idea. I've learned a little about the house but I'm still hoping for an invitation to look at it more closely. Yes it is inhabited and Yes there are lots of cats. Isn't that perfect?!
On the other side it is sad because it was just so big and round and tall. It was really magnificent and I see less and less of trees that are this big. Wish I could have a cross section of this tree for a table. That would be cool. I wounder how I could get a slice?
We also went to the Dino museum with the cousins. They will be moving to Beijing soon. They stayed with my sister while my other sister and her husband went apartment and school hunting. They are the dearest children!
See are not they the sweetest looking children ever?!
Needless to say we had a great time!

6 comments:
Beijing!?!? Are they going to want visits from your sister-in-law?? Because I so want to go to China (and have someone help with the language)
Wheeee! Those pictures make me want to jump in piles of leaves, too.
And I can just see you creeping around the "haunted house" with a flashlight and a spooky expression.
Well wishes to the Beijing-bound family. That's quite an adventure ahead of them.
Is the haunted house close to the freeway in AF? I have been in it. Somebody's teacher had their wedding reception there many years ago. There was a lot of red and velvet and flocked wallpaper.
The pictures are great. Fall is always a great time of year.
If the city cut it down, chances are that they will haul it off to the city compost facility to chip it up into compost. Maybe you could get down there before they chip it and ask them to cut you a slice from the trunk? Most of them will do it for little or nothing, if you haul our slice away.
Marilyn
Yes the haunted house is by the freeway. I'm very jealous, I wish I peak or two inside. Even my own Father has been inside and taken pictures many many years ago and of course the pictures he took are lost amongst all the others.
Thanks for the details. Red velvet seems very fitting for a haunted house.
Kathleen,
Thanks for the tip!!! I will have to keep tabs on when the tree will be hauled off.
I am very curious how does a nifty knitter/dog lover such as your self ever find my little blog?
Meadow,
My sister is super nice about having visitors and will probably be okay with it but asking in advance would be preferable before planning your trip to Beijing. Of course you'll have to take me with you......
Soarenth,
Hello dear! Yes the leaves are were all too tempting and next year you'll have to come and go jumping with me. In the next post I do I will have pictures of me air born about to land in the pile myself. Ha Ha
So adorable!!! Thanks for stopping by trustyourstyle the other day--sorry it's taken me a few days to catch up with you! Hope you're having a great week,
xo Mary Jo
Post a Comment