I have a special story to share.
My little Princess Saru has been under the weather and we had done our best to treat her at home but then for two nights she complained that her ears were hurting and she started to have a high temperature. We have absolutely no health insurance and are just in the precise situation were we do not qualify for government programs. I called our Doctor office and asked the nurse if she could just call in a prescription or give advise as were did not have health insurance and really could not afford to come in as pay day was still a week away. She said that they could NOT call in prescriptions for children but that she would ask the Doctor about Homeopathic remedies.
To my great surprise and gratitude the nurse called back and stated that Doctor Mumford was of the opinion that it is not the child's fault for not having insurance and no child should have to suffer and that he would be happy to see Princess Saru for free if I could make there by such and such time.
I cried.
She had two really bad ear infections. Doctor Mumford wrote a prescription that could be filled for $4.00 at our pharmacy.
I cried some more.
Doctor Mumford said that he has met so many mothers who's husbands have lost their jobs and that everyone is sick. He was at his clinic till 10:30 the night before and he saw everyone of them for free. "I'm doing well" he said "I can pay all my bills. "Children shouldn't have to be suffer because their parents lost their jobs."
I cried a lot on the way home. I felt that Heavenly Father loved me and my little family and had answered my prayers even beyond what I had hoped. I thought that I would have to go and put it on my credit card and that this would be learning opportunity (trial) where I would have to find yet another way to save and skimp. I was so very grateful that Heavenly Father sent ministering angels (Doctor Mumford and his staff) to answer my prayers.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I so needed that story! It had me in tears! What a faith building experience! Thank you for sharing.
Thank goodness for good people. I felt the same way about Ashton's Tae Kwon Do coach who helped her prepare and came to the elementary school talent show and performed an awesome demonstration with her after her snotty little mean-girl friends ditched out on her.
I am glad you guys are finally starting to feel better.
love,
Anne
That is a great story. That is how our Mario Girl tooth story was too. Our dentist drove into town on a sunday night and say her at 8pm. We were charged a little but nothing close to what it should have been. I am so grateful for Dr. that care.
what a blessing. He is right no child should have to suffer and It sure would be nice if more doctors would do that.
Doctor Mumford is on an angel's errand. May God bless and keep him and his family as he is blessing and keeping so many unconditionally.
Post a Comment