

This is a White Ermine moth which before we knew it's name Anthony immediately called the "Cow Moth". We saw three of them on our porch. They were very still and if touched they lethargically moved a few centimeters. We thought they were going to be dead soon so brought them in but as it turns out that they don't need to move fast because they are toxic to most birds. Any way all moths are back in their natural habitat - our porch! Enjoy the pictures!

1 comment:
Um I don't think that is a White Ermine moth as those are found in England and have a fluffy white "fur" patch on the back of the head.
I think it is a Western Leopard Moth. Which is WAY cooler, because leopards always beat ermines in a fight!
now I am not a moth expert, but I play one when googling moths, so I could be wrong. :)
XOXO
Jenni
Post a Comment